At the heart of all of NavCom’s GPS receivers is the Touchstone™ ASIC. This highly integrated and sophisticated Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) handles the satellite tracking functions and performs the complex signal processing needed to decode the GPS signals multiple times each second.
NavCom’s GPS products powered by the Touchstone™ ASIC family include a number of industry leading innovations including:
- First dual frequency handheld land survey receiver (1996)
- First dual frequency receiver for precision agriculture capable of using StarFire satellite based augmentation (1998)
- First FAA WAAS qualified receiver (2002)
- First StarFire™ GPS receiver for precision agriculture with terrain compensation (2004)
- First receiver combining RTK and global SBAS capability for optimum positioning performance (2005)
In the last decade, NavCom’s world class engineering team has designed an entire family of Touchstone™ ASICs with ever increasing features and capabilities to power the GNSS products of today and tomorrow.